EFFECTIVE DATE: March 7th, 2018
Bizly, Inc. (“Bizly,” “we,” “us” or “our” or “Company”) has created this mobile application, website, and web-based application located at www.bizly.com (collectively, the “Application”), which may include Bizly’s message center (“Message Center”), to (a) provide individuals and businesses with a convenient forum to view information about meeting and event rooms, guest rooms (if offered through the Message Center), and other conference space and supported food and beverage services, amenities and other ancillary hospitality requests (“Meeting Rooms”) that are available for short term rental and (b) potentially provide users with the ability to interact with Suppliers (as defined below) and reserve such Meeting Rooms through the Application.
The Types Of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect when you visit our website or register to use our Application and participate in our Services falls into three broad categories, as follows:
● Personally Identifiable Information. We use the term “Personally Identifiable Information” to mean any information that could be used to identify you: your first and last name, business email address, business phone number and business payment information. We collect and use Personally Identifiable Information in the manner described below under “Our Uses of Your Personally Identifiable Information.”
● Activities Information. We use the term “Activities Information” to refer to information collected by so-called “persistent identifiers” such as cookies and pixel tags. Unlike Personally Identifiable Information, Activities Information does not directly identify a particular person; the Information, however, is or can potentially be linked to a particular computer or device. Activities Information is collected and used in the manner described in the Section entitled “Our Collection and Use of Activities Information”.
● Aggregated Statistics. We use the term “Aggregated Statistics” to mean information that does not identify you and that is not linkable to a device or computer you use. Aggregated Statistics includes statistical information concerning, for example, (i) how users generally use our Services, and (ii) which pages they visit most frequently. The Section entitled “Our Collection and Use of Aggregated Statistics” describes our collection and use of Aggregated Statistics.
● We may use your Personally Identifiable Information in order for you to utilize the Application, Message Center, and services;
● We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your inquiries or requests, comments or feedback;
● We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access and process your Personally Identifiable Information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit;
● We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information as required by law or legal process;
● We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services or our sponsors;
● We may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the sale, merger, reorganization or change of control of Company or the division responsible for the services with which your Personally Identifiable Information is associated or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding; and
● We may use Your Personally Identifiable Information in the following additional ways:
● Reserving Meeting Rooms; Reservation Fulfillment and Payment. If you reserve a Meeting Room through our Application, we and the Supplier (as defined below) may collect Personally Identifiable Information, including contact information (such as name and email address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and security code), in connection with your Reservation of a Meeting Room. We may already have this information on file if you are a Registered User, but you will be able to update such information in connection with making a Reservation. This Personally Identifiable Information is used by Bizly for billing purposes and contacting you in the event that there is an issue with your Reservation. Please note that all credit card information is currently processed and stored by Stripe, a third party payment processor, in accordance with its terms of service and privacy policies, which can be found at https://stripe.com/us/privacy and https://stripe.com/terms.
● Email List. By providing your business email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or our business partners, provided that, we will not give your business email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you without your consent or as set forth in this policy. In addition, if you are a Registered User or have previously provided Bizly with your business email address, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information, and will use Personally Identifiable Information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in the Section entitled “Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out”.
● Suppliers. If you reserve a Meeting Room through Bizly, Bizly will share information with the supplier of the Meeting Room (each, a “Supplier”), and the Supplier may further share the information with their employees and contractors in connection with your reservation. In addition, if you cause damage to a Meeting Room and the Supplier informs us of such damage, we may provide the Supplier with the necessary Personally Identifiable Information, including contact and financial information, in order for the Supplier to seek reimbursement from you. You further acknowledge in addition to any of your Personally Identifiable Information or other information that Bizly may share with third parties as set forth herein, each of our Suppliers may also independently collect personal and other information from you through your use of the Message Center or Application or any other agreements you may enter into with such Suppliers and any use by Suppliers of such personal or other information shall be subject to the applicable Supplier’s policies as may be provided to you by such Supplier.
Our Collection and Use of Activities Information. We and certain vendors operating on our behalf collect Activities Information about your activity on our Site. In addition, advertisers, Suppliers, and other third parties might collect Activities Information via our Site. The following further summarizes the Activities Information that is collected, and the purposes for which the Information is used:
● IP Addresses; Logs. Bizly may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Application is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
● Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Application. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with the Section entitled “Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out”.
Our Collection and Use of Aggregated Statistics. We use Aggregated Statistics to analyze the effectiveness of our Application, to improve our Application, products, services, and for other lawful purposes. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our users’ preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Application and services. In addition, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of Application users, and the use of our Application and related services, and may share Aggregated Statistics with third parties, including Suppliers and Advertisers (if any). We may collect Aggregated Statistics through features of the software supporting our Application through both the means described above and other means.
Do No Track. Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Security. The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us. When we collect your Personally Identifiable Information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Service and Company services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
Your Disclosures in Blogs and Other Social Media. This Service contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Service. You should be aware that Personally Identifiable Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum such as an in-person panel or survey, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personally Identifiable Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Children’s Information. This is a general audience website and application which is not designed or intended to collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have collected personal information from a user under the age of 13 through our Application, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and delete such information from our database.
Data Retention. We may retain your Personally Identifiable Information as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Other Services. As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third-party Services from within our Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites. When you link away from our Service, you do so at your own risk.
If you do not want your Personally Identifiable Information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt-out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at support @bizly.com.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can simply reply and ask not to receive future emails. We also give you the option to remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our list of active users completely. All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be sent to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
California Privacy. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by email through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want your personally identifying information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
Communications with Company. Any communication or material you transmit to us by email, social media or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. Except to the extent expressly covered by this policy, anything you transmit or post may be used by us for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following site:http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html